Saturday, June 27, 2009

Card for a Friend in the Hospital



I made this card in my card club quite awhile back. This was an idea from Katie Duzmal - a super talented friend and also a member in my card club. Katie was elated when she happened to find designer paper that perfectly matched the design in the sail stamp of this boat! Don't you just love a find like that?!! This card turned out to be the perfect one to give to another wonderful friend who I visited in the hospital last week -- a friend who can't wait to get out of there! Just seeing handmade cards makes her happy - just like me, too! She is quite a card maker herself and is what we call a handmade "Card Worthy Friend"-- someone who really appreciates all of the time you put into a card and tells you how much it means to them to receive one. I really cherish my CARD WORTHY FRIENDS!

This card uses the Swirls Cuttlebug folder.
The clouds were created by ripping computer paper and sponging blue ink over the paper. The anchor punch is from Martha Stewart and was a must have! Oh, I am running out of space for of all of my must haves! The anchor punched out on the front of the cards was used on the inside for a little accent of color. The sayings were done on my computer.

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...