Friday, June 19, 2009

My Sister's Birthday Card


We're celebrating a bunch of family birthdays tomorrow night and I just made this card to give my sister. I borrowed her new set called Music Expressions by Stampin' Up -- she loves music and the color blue -- I hope she'll like it ;-D

I stamped the image twice - once on white and once on brown card stock. I cut out the violin on the brown card stock and attached it to the card using foam tape to give it some added dimension. This is a great technique to highlight any element in a black and white stamped image. I used B21 Copic Sketch Marker for the bird -- to add a little more interest to the overall image.

Stamps - Simple Sayings and Music Expressions (Both from Stampin' UP!)
Punch - Martha Stewart Lace
Printed Paper
- Nursery Tales by Prima: 96 sheets at Michael's marked down to $9.99 and I was able to use my 50% off coupon - so 5 bucks total - what a deal!! (Like I need more paper - but I couldn't resist - after all - I needed the blue sheets in the pack for my sister - Justification #10,000!)
Ink - Basic Black and Bordering Blue (SU)
Ribbon -
Bride Elegance from Michael's

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...