TO BRING UP THE PIN IT BUTTON

HOVER IN THE CENTER OF EACH PHOTO TO SEE PIN IT BUTTON

Friday, June 19, 2009

My Sister's Birthday Card


We're celebrating a bunch of family birthdays tomorrow night and I just made this card to give my sister. I borrowed her new set called Music Expressions by Stampin' Up -- she loves music and the color blue -- I hope she'll like it ;-D

I stamped the image twice - once on white and once on brown card stock. I cut out the violin on the brown card stock and attached it to the card using foam tape to give it some added dimension. This is a great technique to highlight any element in a black and white stamped image. I used B21 Copic Sketch Marker for the bird -- to add a little more interest to the overall image.

Stamps - Simple Sayings and Music Expressions (Both from Stampin' UP!)
Punch - Martha Stewart Lace
Printed Paper
- Nursery Tales by Prima: 96 sheets at Michael's marked down to $9.99 and I was able to use my 50% off coupon - so 5 bucks total - what a deal!! (Like I need more paper - but I couldn't resist - after all - I needed the blue sheets in the pack for my sister - Justification #10,000!)
Ink - Basic Black and Bordering Blue (SU)
Ribbon -
Bride Elegance from Michael's

MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

Spend some time viewing the projects here...then click HERE to view more paper crafts at my current blog.

TO VIEW PICS AT FULL SIZE:

Click on any photo below - then click on the back arrow to return to this page.