Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Card #1



I came across some scraps of beautiful origami paper that apparently, eons ago -- I couldn't bear to throw away --- and there was so little of it that I actually had to cut it in half lengthwise and piece it together in the middle to fit across this card and my second birthday card below. My friend, Donna, gave me the wonderful LEAFY BRANCH Cuttlebug embossing folder awhile back (used for the top part of the card), and it is one of my favorite embossing folders! I used Martha Stewart's butterfly punch twice, raised up the top butterfly with a glue dot and added a set of antennae, too, using needle nose pliers and gold wire. A row of gold beads finished off the body. For the inside of the card and the envelope, I stamped a butterfly then added some paper pierced dots. If you are worried about making a perfect spiral, just draw the spiral with pencil first, pierce the dots, then erase your lines. The HAPPY BIRTHDAY saying is from a wonderful Close to My Heart set of sayings called Say It In Style.

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...