Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anniversary Card



My wonderful in-laws are having their 60th wedding anniversary soon, and I found this card to case on a terrific blog by Jen Sannes called Simple and Sincere --- one of my new favorite blogs to visit! You can view her original card here and view her tutorial on how to make the fish hooks here -- I must admit, though, it took me quick awhile to pull this card together, but I hope they'll enjoy it....and here's how I cut out the fins for the fish. I cut out one, then used that cutout as a template to trace the rest of the fins:


BTW - The circles are 1 3/8" each and the scallops are made with Stampin' Up's scallop punch. I printed out the words I needed and used SU's word window punch. I secured the red heart with a small glue dot folded in half. To make this card, use the scallop punch first, then the circle punch over the scalloped edge. I made the first ones a bit too short, so I had to redo them, but I discovered that I could layer them to give an added dimension to the fish bodies. Love those happy little accidents that turn out to be happy little opportunities! Jen's card would also make a cute wedding card, too.

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...