Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Cricut Addiction Continues!




Oh, I am having the time of my life with my new Cricut Expressions machine! I finally made some Christmas cards with it - complete with a red gem on Rudolph's nose (using the Winter Wonderland cartridge), then I made more cards with the new Pagoda cartridge --- and refined my previous attempts to make a panda card. Using coordinating Cricut images, I can customize the inside of the cards as well. Those bamboo stalks were the perfect thing for the inside of my panda cards! I keep telling myself that I'm building all sorts of new brain cells because I'm learning something new every day when I use my Cricut - oh, dear!...Aren't rationalizations a sure sign of an addiction - hehe!

BTW - I made the reindeer cards using a brayer loaded with blue ink (SU Ballet Blue) over a circle and a hill I cut out of cardstock and temporarily adhered them to white photo paper. Once you brayer over those two pieces of cardstock, simply remove them revealing the white photo paper underneath. The white glossy photo paper lets you brayer back and forth very quickly with a lot of pressure to blur all ink lines initially created by the brayer. It's a nice technique when using multiple colors of ink on the brayer as well. Give it a try!

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...