Sunday, March 7, 2010

Technique Explained


One of my blog readers, Leslie-Ann, up in North Vacouver, BC, Canada wrote to me for more information after I posted the card in my March 6th blog entry yesterday. She was curious about the actual technique used to create the diamond scalloped accent. (See card below.) I wrote back to say that I'd take a picture, and I hope it will help to show just how it's done. 

Start with the WRONG side of a 2 5/8" square facing up, turn the SU scallop punch over, place it into the center of a side, punch the side, then turn the paper 90 degrees and punch the center of the remaining sides. As you insert the punch on each side, look at the raised straight lines on each side of the punch (marked with green arrows) in order to precisely center the punch with the left and right borders of the paper. When finished, turn the square over and adhere to your card. (HINT: When using paper punches, the punch should cut through the RIGHT side of the paper through to the back of the paper. If it's done in reverse, a rough edge left by the punch is often showing.) Hope this helps and thank you, LA, for the question!...and here's another card using the bird punch...I can hardly stop making cards with it. (I think that is the first early warning sign of an addiction!)

Halloween Gift Idea

GIVE THIS GIFT  to friends and family during these trying COVID times!!!! Small and Large Oval Punches for the pumpkin and wine glasses/wine...